Homeowners in Aurora, Colorado know how important it is to have an air conditioning system that works well during the summer. The summer months in Colorado can be brutally hot, and air conditioning can be a necessity. While there are several reasons that an air conditioner can stop functioning properly, there are a few typical and common causes of air conditioner problems. Some air conditioner repair can be prevented, and others cannot. One of the best defenses against issues with your air conditioner is maintenance. If you are located in Aurora, Colorado, it’s important to call an air conditioner repair company at least once a year for an air conditioner tune-up.
Following are 5 of the most common reasons air conditioning repair is necessary:
- Homeowners neglect to have their air conditioner repair company visit their home once year for a annual HVAC maintenance. Many problems with air conditioning systems can be detected and repaired before they become a larger issue. When an air conditioning system is neglected for many years, repairs can become more costly.
- The air conditioning system’s electrical system is damaged. A central air conditioning system runs on electricity, and therefore has an electrical system that must be maintained. If you suspect that your air conditioner is having electrical problems because it smells funny or it is not functioning properly, make sure to call an Aurora air conditioner repair company as soon as possible.
- The air conditioner seems to be blowing warm air instead of cool air. An air conditioner is supposed to produce cool air, not hot. Therefore, if only warm air is blowing through your air vents, there is probably something wrong with your system. The problem might be related to the air conditioner’s refrigerant. If your system has insufficient refrigerant due to a leak, the air conditioner will not produce cool air.
- The power to the air conditioner is on, but the system sits idle. If your air conditioner does not turn on at all, the problem might be something simple to repair. Or, the problem could be something complex. Oftentimes, an air conditioner will not turn on because there is a blown fuse or there is a problem with the system’s thermostat.
- The system runs and runs, and rarely cycles off. If your air conditioning system does not seem to ever take a break, it may be low on refrigerant. Or, it’s air filter might be dirty, which can cause the system to not function properly. The only way to know for sure is to have an Aurora ac repair technician take a careful look at your unit.
Other common problems that require professional air conditioning repair include issues with the system’s gas valve, drain lines or compressor.
If you suspect that your home’s air conditioner is in need of repair, give Rheem Pro Partner a call. Rheem Pro Partner serves the Aurora, Colorado area with ac repair services as well as installation of new HVAC systems. Scheduling a tune-up for your air conditioner might prevent some of the most common problems that homeowners typically have with their air conditioning systems.